For those of you who actually keep up with this, I wanted to let you guys know - I'm still alive and kicking! I've had a very busy and stressful week and honestly haven't given updating my blog much thought. Terrible, right? Anyhow, things are looking up as of today, since I got good news at the doctor's office. I had been put on medicine for high blood pressure Monday, but as of today (Thursday), my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm so happy about that! There were tiny traces of protein in my urine, but the nurses say that is probably caused from the high blood pressure I was experiencing, so nothing to worry over yet. I go back April 12th for a routine doctor's visit, unless I have any problems before then and have to go back in to the lab or something like that. Yay!
I have to share this picture with you guys - it's a onesie I ordered for Kinslee from Inktastic. It's personalized with her name, and there's a matching cap on the way (should be shipped to my house within the next week and a half). She will be wearing this home from the hospital! <3 Here it is:
In other news, I'm so excited to say that I received my first blog award from My Amazing Life as a Mommy and Wife! Here's the award, along with the instructions I received with it, and I'm passing it on to other blogs I follow and adore!
To completely accept this award you have to do these four things...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve the award.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
So I've done #1, now for #2; 7 things about myself:
1. My family and I own 3 horses: Red ('99 AQHA gelding, my personal horse and my baby boy), Rebel ('00 APHA gelding, my dad's horse), and Skylark ('08 AMHA filly, Kinslee's Miniature horse given to her by my mother)
2. My best friend, Ashley, has a son named Gavin. He is almost exactly 9 months older than Kinslee when she's born. We plan to dress them up in corresponding outfits and do photoshoots! <3
3. I swear I did not become pregnant (had been sortof 'trying' for a while) til I first held/touched Gavin. Apparently, he was a goodluck charm!
4. I've always been a country girl, even though I now live in the city. My first vehicle was a Dodge Ram pickup truck. I traded that in for a Firebird (went through a sports car phase), then traded the 'bird in for another Dodge Ram. This time, it has four wheel drive! ;)
5. I have two awesome dogs: Mercedes Moonbaby (aka Mercy, who is a white Pit/Boxer/Bulldog mix), and Ellie Mae (aka Ellie, who is a CKC registered black/tan dapple Miniature Dauschand). They are both big hams, who wouldn't bite a hot stick of butter, and I love them as if they were my children. They ARE my children! =)
6. I've never been a good cook. In fact, I learned most of what I know now from my fiance, who happens to be a very good cook. It wasn't until I started 'nesting' in my pregnancy that I began to start cooking every night, not even letting Mike help much because I wanted to prove that I *could* be a great cook! And what do you know, there's friends and family at our house nearly every night lined up ready to eat my cooking!
7. My biggest passion and hobby in life, besides horses, is photography! I absolutely love to take photos. One day, I will get the chance to go back to school and make a career of my passion.. but for now, it's simply a hobby and something to focus on to relieve stress. A great outlet for me, much as blogging is. You can see some of my photography at my Facebook portfolio: Memory Lane Photography Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Now, it's time to pass on the award! Here are the blogs I feel deserve the Stylish Blogger Award. Please don't feel left out if you don't make it on the list, because there are TONS of great blogs out there that I enjoy viewing, but I have to keep this to a 10-15 blog minimum, and my fingers are getting tired! ;)
1. A Bit of Me
2. Little Boys Are Made of Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
3. Love You Always and Forever
4. Bubbi and Boo
5. Chronicles of a Country Girl
6. Double Duty Mommy
7. Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies
8. iNeed a Playdate
9. Ins and Outs
10. Little Miss Momma
11. Roller Coaster Ride
12. Toddler Awesome
14. One Little Mister
15. On The Old Path